Did you know that your body is 75% water?
When we teach the kids our Water Ambassador lessons as part of our school program, we tell them this, and go on to tell them they aren't 75% juice, or 75% milk, only 75% water! Maybe for adults, the equivalent is tea/coffee and wine/beer for the drinkers! So it makes sense that the liquid we drink the most is water. And water in our tea, coffee and fruit juice unfortunately doesn't count - only straight water! So why is replacing this water so important?
Here is a quick summary of 10 reasons why drinking good water daily is so important!
- Water is absolutely essential to the human body’s survival. A person can live for about a month without food, but only about a week without water.
- Water helps to maintain healthy body weight by increasing metabolism and regulating appetite.
- Water leads to increased energy levels. The most common cause of daytime fatigue is actually mild dehydration.
- Drinking adequate amounts of water can decrease the risk of certain types of cancers, including colon cancer, bladder cancer, and breast cancer.
- For a majority of sufferers, drinking water can significantly reduce joint and/or back pain.
- Water leads to overall greater health by flushing out wastes and bacteria that can cause disease.
- Water can prevent and alleviate headaches.
- Water naturally moisturises skin and ensures proper cellular formation underneath layers of skin to give it a healthy, glowing appearance.
- Water aids in the digestion process and helps prevent constipation.
- Water is the primary mode of transportation for all nutrients in the body and is essential for proper circulation.
I highly suggest to anyone who is a Wellness advocates or professional, the reference book “Your Body’s Many Cries for Water” by F. Batmanghelidj M.D.
I believe this book will be a great addition to your wellness library. The author takes us back to the basics of why so many of us have not recognised or have misunderstood the symptoms our body gives to suggest chronic dehydration. He advises that the causative factor of many basic ailments could be relieved through the understanding of the need not just for filtered water but also the essential requirement of natural balanced mineral salts within our water just as Mother Nature intended to achieve essential cellular hydration.
Within my own natural health practice, I always offer my client a glass of zazen Alkaline Water to drink. Then I ask what do they use for drinking water, as well as how much they are consuming. Gut health has become a very large issue and considering bacteria do not survive chlorine well, this is no wonder. We have many testimonials from our fermenter customers that using the slightly Alkaline zazen Water, they achieve great active ferments. It makes perfect sense that if you are spending money on quality products to add to your ferments or protein smoothies that you should then consider the quality of the water source.
Last but not least, I offer my own personal experience prior to discovering zazen Water. I had suffered from chronically dry cracked heels for many years. Within 2 weeks of using zazen Water, there was a notable improvement and within 6 weeks the heels had resolved completely. My body was no longer in drought management, the outcome was true cellular hydration through the balanced minerals I was receiving from drinking zazen Water.
Click on the image to read an 11 page transcript of a lecture Dr Batmanghelidj presented at “The Governmental Health Forum” in Washington D.C., USA, in 2003.