How to change water filter cartridges?
Like other water filter components, to ensure your cartridges continue to perform their function through the various stages within the zazen Alkaline Water System, it is important to replace them once they become depleted.
How to Change zazen Multi-Stage Filter Cartridge
Depending on use, we recommend a maximum life of 6 months for your zazen Multi-Stage Filter Cartridge before the filtration capacity is compromised.
Changing your Multi-Stage Filter Cartridge is a simple process. As you will be aware from when you initially assembled the system, the water filter cartridge resides between the cartridge connector and the middle ring. If you are wondering how to replace the water filter cartridge, you will repeat many of the steps taken when you first got started:
1. Begin by removing your zazen Multi-Stage Filter Cartridge from its packaging and protective wrap (the O-Ring will already be fitted).
2. Next, you will need to prepare the cartridge by:
- Filling a 2-litre jug, bowl or container with fresh, clean and cold water
- Submerge upright the water filter cartridge in the water completely for a few minutes or as needed until all air bubbles stop escaping from the filter.
- Remove the water filter cartridge from the water and, whilst holding it over a sink, pour approximately 2.5 litres of clean cold water through its top. Ensure the water is flowing out of the bottom of the filter.
- Firmly grasp the filter and knock firmly against the heel of your hand throughout this rinse cycle to remove any lingering air bubbles.
3. Unscrew the previous zazen Multi-Stage Filter Cartridge from within the Cartridge Connector in your device and dispose of it appropriately (this is not recyclable due to the toxins trapped in the filter media).
4. Insert your new zazen Multi-Stage Filter Cartridge and its O-Ring into the Cartridge Connector.
5. Your system is now ready for use once more!
For more information, review our installation instructions and videos for all of our zazen products.
How to Change the zazen Mineral Stones & Silver Stones
The Mineral Stones within the zazen Alkaline Water System offer a balanced range of natural alkaline minerals, such as magnesium, iron, calcium, silicon, and potassium. These are integral elements in fortifying the pH level and dissolved oxygen within the water. What’s more, the collection of Silver Stones will help you to conserve the freshness and vitality of the water throughout the tank, thanks to their anti-bacterial properties.
To ensure they are effectively doing their job, we recommend replacing your zazen Mineral Stones at least every 5 years, and the zazen Silver Stones every 12 months.
Before replacing the stones, it is first necessary to rinse and soak them for 48 hours to get rid of mineral dust. Follow these steps:
- Immerse both sets of stones into a container of cold, clean water and thoroughly rinse.
- Once done, dispose of or recycle this water (your plants and herbs will love it).
- Proceed to soak these stones by covering them again with cold water and leaving them for the next 48 hours.
- Change the water at least four times during this period.
Once completed, separate the middle ring from the lower tank of the system. Remove the old stones and carefully place the new, pre-rinsed silver and mineral stones onto the bottom of the tank. If you have a zazen hand-blown glass tank, be sure not to drop them directly on the glass, as this could cause damage and void the warranty.
How to Change zazen Alkalinity & Antioxidant Enhancers
To ensure your water has the appropriate pH balance, zazen Alkalinity & Antioxidant Enhancers (AAE) are small, white balls designed to release ionised magnesium and calcium into the water. These need to be replaced at least every 12 months.
Similar to the zazen Mineral Stones & zazen Silver stones, your AAE will also need pre-soaking before replacement. Be sure to rinse them in a separate bowl to the stones. When introducing them into the tank, sprinkle the AAE balls amongst the other stones and away from the back of the magnetic tap so they can’t get sucked in (which could cause the tap to leak).
How to Change the zazen Ceramic Filter
When it comes time to replace your zazen Ceramic Filter, begin by first removing the (empty) top tank from the system, you can then:
- Unscrew the filter nut from the base of the tank
- Remove the old ceramic filter and place it into a recycling bin
- Once you have unwrapped your new ceramic filter, proceed to wipe it with a clean cloth under cold water, ensuring water saturates and drips through effectively (be gentle to avoid damaging or breaking the delicate ceramic casing).
- To install, remove the filter nut from the freshly rinsed ceramic filter while leaving the washer on the ceramic stem.
- Proceed to insert the filter into the tank
- Holding on to the lower base, place the nut securely back on the filter’s stem
- Return the top tank to the System.
How to Change the zazen Magnetic Tap
The zazen Magnetic Tap is integral to the overall zazen Alkaline Water System, helping to surround the water with a vortex of magnetic energy, restructuring and energizing water clusters into a natural, hexagonal shape for greater cellular hydration.
To replace the zazen Magnetic Tap, begin by removing the tank from the stand. Unscrew the magnetic back and dislodge the old tap.
Next, insert the tap “A” through the hole located towards the lower tank with a silicon washer “B” on each side. You can then screw the magnetic back “C” onto the tap inside the bottom tank and tighten it.
You are now ready to resume filtering your water.
How to know when it is time to change the water filter cartridge?
After each purchase, we record the replacement parts within our Customer Reminder Service System. This allows us to keep a track of the age of your filters and stones, and send you email reminders for when your parts are due for purchase. If you purchase additional parts in advance, we will also send you reminders for when these parts are due to be replaced.
Where to buy a water filter cartridge?
You can purchase your replacement water filter cartridges directly from zazen Water.