What Are The Benefits Of Using A Shower Filter?
The chlorine in your chemically treated tap water used when you shower is vapourised when heated. As you shower you inhale and absorb these vapours through your lungs and skin so these chemicals go directly into your blood stream! Modern Tap water coming into our homes contains a range of heavy metals and chemicals (not just chlorine), which if not filtered out can be detrimental to health. Many shower filters on the market, such as Vitamin C Shower Filters do not remove heavy metals from your shower water!
Many of our clients from WA in particular have found excess copper in their BODY and discovered this through hair analysis. This highlights the importance of reducing a broad range of heavy metals such as Copper in your shower filter, not just Chlorine.
The zazen Shower Filtration media is designed to protect against damaging and aging effects of chemicals in hot water – not just chlorine!
When you are using a zazen Shower Filter you know you are getting exceptionally designed, state-of-the-art, patented natural (recyclable) filter media designed specifically for the reduction of chlorine, odours and heavy metals in hot water.
Our customers can enjoy a choice of stylish modern models to cater for different bathroom designs, knowing they are enjoying a healthier shower experience.
10 Benefits of using a zazen Shower Filter
- Reduces 99% of Chlorine and other heavy metals such as water soluble lead, mercury, nickel, chromium and copper reducing their damaging health and aging effects on you and your family. More chlorine enters the body through dermal absorption and inhalation while showering than through drinking tap water. Skin pores widen while showering, making dermal absorption of chlorine and other chemicals possible.
- Protects your skin and lungs from harm. The chlorine in showering water can cause rashes and other skin irritations when absorbed by the skin.
- Reduces respiratory reactions, which can occur through chlorine inhalation, which can trigger asthma or bronchitis. Chemicals in showering water vaporize at a much faster rate than the actual water. Thus, the steam in a shower contains a much higher concentration of chemicals than the water itself. Children, who are particularly at risk of the harmful effects of chlorine inhalation, benefit especially from the reduction of chlorine from showering water.
- Peace of mind and well being – recent studies link increased risks for bladder and breast cancer due to chlorine and associated disinfectant products in our water. Inhaled chemicals make their way into the bloodstream much more quickly than ingested chemicals, without the added filtration benefits of digestion.
- Using a Shower Filter improves your skin and hair by reducing the drying effects of chlorine, improving the way you look and feel. Because the hair is able to preserve its natural moisturising oils, it becomes softer and healthier when chlorine is removed from showering water. The body is also able to retain its natural moisturisers, and the need for costly lotions and moisturisers is greatly reduced.
- Improves energy and overall health - chlorine is a leading cause of fatigue, so showering in filtered water will improve the way you feel. More water contaminants are released into the air of a home from the shower than from any other source!
- By using filtered hot water your hair dye or colour will last longer. Tap water often contains at least as much, if not more, chlorine than is recommended for use in swimming pools.
- Improves water clarity & reduces soap scum and calcium build up.
- Prohibits growth of bacteria, fungi and algae in your shower.
- zazen Shower Filters are quick & easy to install! No plumber needed.
zazen Water relevant Shower Filter Products are WELS and WATERMARK certified.